While leading a wide variety of camp activities and classes in Drobots Company programs (Drone Camps; StemQuest Camps; Grades K-2 LEGO STEM Camps), an instructor is directly responsible for the safety, enjoyment, and emotional well-being of every camper, every minute, of every camp day. Instructors rely on supplied curriculum to guide daily camper activities, but are expected to apply their professional experience and knowledge to enhance the experience of every camper.
* Reports directly to the Area Lead Instructor. * These positions are filled by professionals with a minimum of 1 year experience working in a correlating field (education, tech, etc.).
Seasonal (Full Time) Summer Camp Jobs
Training and Pre-Camp Responsibility
* Attend a mandatory weekend training (June 15), conducted at the geographical and school location (TBA). * Attend 2-3 weekday remote webinar trainings (May/June) * Complete and fulfill any company rules and regulations and curriculum-related online trainings
Technology Experience Necessary:
Little to none. Our training accommodates those with a positive attitude and the willingness to learn.
As a Drone & STEM Camp Instructor, your primary responsibilities are:
* Creatively teach cool, innovative concepts to campers in grades K-8 * Use passion for instructing children to inspire and serve as role model for campers * To be punctual, professional, and flexible at all times * Provide direct supervision and behavior management of campers * Deliver engaging, safe, and exciting drone and tech-related activities * Ensure a fun, safe, and positive environment
This position supports the program through a combination of tech and non-tech activities, suitable for campers in grades K-8:
* Assess and teach the curriculum to meet the interests and needs of campers * Follow the lesson plans to foster a fun, yet somewhat challenging learning environment * Monitor camper behavior and discover creative approaches to keep all campers excited and engaged * Create a nurturing learning environment for our campers
This position calculates compensation at $17.00 per hour
Anticipated Work Hours Per Week:
32-36 hours per week
Locations & Dates:
This job listing is specific to certain program locations, occuring on certain dates throughout the summer. Before applying, please consider your ability to arrange reliable transportation to/from each of the following locations during the exact dates listed below:
* July 8 to July 26 - Meadowbrook Day Camp: 10 Farm Rd. Weston, MA 02493 * July 29 to August 9 - Bancroft School: 110 Shore Dr. Worcester, MA 01605
* Strong commitment to educational programming for kids and teenagers * Access to reliable automobile for entire duration of the summer camp season * Access to a reliable mobile phone device (i.e.: iPhone, Android, etc.) * Strong organization skills and attention to detail * Flexibility to meet changing work needs and demands * Ability to work collaboratively on a high-functioning team * Openness to feedback and desire to grow professionally * Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and accurately * Ability to communicate clearly, maturely, and compassionately with students and families * Ability to maintain an excellent work ethic, a high level of energy, and exceptional enthusiasm all day, every day, for the duration of the summer
Experience & Education:
* College graduate * Current commitment or near-future aspiration to work in education * General experience and interest with the educational topics you will be working with (Teamwork, Technology, STEM) * Experience working with students in a classroom setting (experience working also in a camp setting is a plus) * 1+ years experience teaching and managing a group of students (working with children and teens in a group setting) * 1+ years of behavior management experience with kids/teens * Extremely outgoing and professional personality