As part of the Infinity Monitoring Support team, act as the Network expert to analyze, identify and resolve complex network issues that affect Patient Care.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert on Networking (Wired & Wireless) of Draeger Infinity Monitoring Systems on Customer networks.
- Provide troubleshooting expertise and direction to Field Service and Implementation teams for network issues. Develop, document and maintain best practices, tools and data capture methodology to support Infinity Monitoring Systems.
- Provide level 2 Support for Network issues affecting Infinity Monitoring Systems at Customer locations by way of packet capture and deep packet analysis (OmniPeek/Wireshark). May require on call /onsite support.
- Initiate customer/team meetings as needed for Network Problem identification and resolution. Collaborate with Infinity Monitoring
- As Case owner, act as Escalation Point to Level 3 Support on complex network issues that affect Patient Care. Responsible for the communication and monitoring of recommended solutions to customer, resulting in case/problem closure.
- Manage and escalate Customer cases via Microsoft CRM.
- As needed, perform/assist w testing/validation of Draeger devices running on 3rd party network vendor hardware (Cisco, HP, Ruckus, Aruba etc) to Support Sales opportunities utilizing Networking Lab environment.
- Assist with Wireless Survey projects as needed.
- Occasional travel and working after hours and weekends may be required.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science /Network Administration preferred or Minimum of 5 years practical experience in lieu of degree
- Experience w Cisco Routing and Switching, Nexus experience preferred
- Experience with network security ACL's
- Experience with deployment and troubleshooting of Applications that utilize IGMP/PIM (multicast) Protocols
- Experience w Wireless deployment & troubleshooting needed (CWNA, CWDP, CWSP, CWAP, CCNA-wireless)
- Knowledge and understanding of network Security protocols
- Experience using Omnipeek/Wireshark to troubleshoot network problems via packet analysis (UDP, TCP/IP, IGMP)
- Experience w Remote access tools (RDP, Dameware, TightVNC)
- Experience using Airmagnet or similar wireless tools
- Windows server 2008, 2012, 2016
- Experience w Linux OS
- Experience in a HealthCare environment preferred
Special Competencies or Certifications:
- CCNA/CCNP/CompTia Net + preferred or demonstrated practical experience with Cisco Network Solutions
- Other Network vendor certifications considered
- Demonstrates aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a call center environment
- Excellent client management/resolution, problem solving, debugging/troubleshooting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work effectively as part of a Team in a collaborative environment.
Associated topics: administrator, equipment, http, ip, network administrator, operating system, router, sccm, system administrator, system center configuration manager